Save/Print all options chosen for a backup job

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v5.x.x.

Save/Print all options chosen for a backup job

by John Gray » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:45 pm

When moving from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008, I've had to recreate all the Settings and Job Information for all my BackupAssist jobs, and it has taken quite some time and several iterations to get back to the same state as I was before the server upgrade. (To say nothing of losing all the historical reports and catalogue information!)

Please could there be an option available somewhere within the BackupAssist console which will enable the user to save and/or print:
  • all the Settings information for BackupAssist
  • all the options chosen and information specified for the particular job one is pointing at
This would enable all this information to be saved or printed trivially, rather than having tediously to write down the information from each screen, for each job...

Thanks!

PS I saw the option "Print Summary" on the Overview screen for a backup job - and had to laugh at the six lines that were printed out!
John Gray
User

Return to Technical Support v5