Resilient File System (ReFS)

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v8.x.x.

Resilient File System (ReFS)

by BumpaRoy » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:38 am

Although it is backing up VM's on this format, it is throwing errors and not able to do a Full Metal backup or incremental backup on this type of format. Be advised.
BumpaRoy
User

Re: Resilient File System (ReFS)

by casey.burns » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:11 pm

Hi there,

My name is Casey, and I'm with the BackupAssist team. Thanks for posting on our forum.

There are multiple reasons why the errors are coming up. Would it be possible for you to send in a set of diagnostic information from BackupAssist? We'll need this information to properly troubleshoot your issue.
To send us diagnostic information please follow these steps:

1) Go to Help (from the top-right corner of the console) -> Contact Support
2) Fill out the form and ensure that the Submit system diagnostics checkbox at the bottom is checked.

If you have any issues using our automated support tool please follow these steps to manually send in your diagnostics file:

1. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data (server 2003/XP) or C:\ProgramData\ (server 2008/Vista/Win7)
2. Find the BackupAssist folder, zip up the version of the following folder: BackupAssist vX (Where X is the version that you are running)
3. Once you've zipped up all the folders needed please go to our manual submission website that will collect the data and send to us: http://www.backupassist.com/BackupAssis ... submit.php.

If you find this file is too large to e-mail send us, you can trim down the size of the logs by removing anything older than a week within the following folders under the BackupAssist folder
- Summaries
- History
- Reports
- Temp

Kind regards,

Casey Burns
BackupAssist Support
casey.burns
User

Re: Resilient File System (ReFS)

by BumpaRoy » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:34 pm

I was told that BA does not support incremental backups for ReFS. No need to follow up. I removed my VM's on the ReFS volume from the backup and it works without error. Add them back and it errors. I will be reformatting that drive back to NTFS. Just letting others know so they don't have to backtrack like me.
BumpaRoy
User

Return to Technical Support v8