Resources Running Out

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v5.x.x.

Resources Running Out

by garak0410 » Mon May 02, 2011 11:18 pm

I am not sure if BackupAssist is causing this but I am running out of ideas here...we have a Small Business Server 2003 with BackupAssist. I took over this sever from another contractor and it has had its quirky issues.

I am run out of disk space for backups (and external drive) often but the C drive and the main file server drive, D, always have plenty of space. There is also not a lot of things using bunch of memory (we have 4GB)...however, I come into work in the mornings and most of the time, I cannot remote desktop into the server. If I log into it at the console, more often than not, it will say it is low on resources and it cannot load the profile and has to use a temp one...and at that time, I can't sometimes get into important tools like IIS for one.

We have a weekly reboot on Thursday's at 9:10PM for updates and such and the next day it will be fine...but it is frustrating to not be able to remote desktop for sure.

I know this MAY not be a BA problem but was wondering if anyone who is using BA has encountered this problem and possible solutions. I am also going to hit the TechNet forums too.

Thanks...
Brian
garak0410
User

Return to Technical Support v5