Page 1 of 1

experiencing the 800423f3 error

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:56 am
by randy4ever
Recently our sbs2003 standard system was giving an error #800423f3 with a backup failure. Therefore, I found a solution to the problem on BackupAssist knowledge base at: I did the process at the bottom of the page. Ever since then the server reports are missing some of it's information. Like server run time, disk size and free space, etc. Also, the usage report is missing everything except the OWA email information. I think I did the fix process correctly. Any ideas on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Re: experiencing the 800423f3 error

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:49 am
by Stuart
Hi Randy,

It's Stuart here from the BackupAssist team, thanks for posting on our forum.

I'm afraid we have discontinued all support for version 3 of BackupAssist as of the end of June 2008. If you would like to get more information on our End-of-Life policy, please visit the following location:

I would encourage you to upgrade to version 5 to see if this resolves your issue. Please find the free trial download at the following site:

To see the differences between version 3 and version 5, I would recommend taking the time to have a look at our comparison document located at ... V3toV5.pdf

If you decide to upgrade to version 5 of BackupAssist please visit for more details.
The full process to upgrade version 3 to version 5 is outlined here:

If you have anything further to add, please reply to my post or send an e-mail directly to