Error: 20007 / Unable to send Notifcation Email

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v3.x.x

Moderators: michael.jones, casey.burns, Mike D

Error: 20007 / Unable to send Notifcation Email

Postby MichaelM » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:58 am

Running v3.5.3

I have email notifications setup to send Report Emails and also CC Report Emails. I do not have it setup to send Tape Backup or Maintenance emails since I do not require these. Now when I attempt to send a test message I receive this error: An unexpected error occurred : 20007 / No recipients specified for mail message.

Now I can successfully send a test email notification if I add an email address to the Tape Backup message field, so my exchange settings are working.

The problem I am having though is it will not send notification emails to the Report addresses I have setup (they are verified working emails addresses, we use them for multiple locations) due to this error. I even added an address to the Tape Backup field for a few nights when backups were performed and I still did not receive any messages.

Any thoughts on why this will not send any notification emails?

I do have it checked to send email alerts. I have working addresses, and I have verified that the exchange works for sending emails.

Thanks for your help.
MichaelM
User

Re: Error: 20007 / Unable to send Notifcation Email

Postby MichaelM » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:53 am

Hey Raj, I have sent in my diagnostics file for you.

Let me know if you need anything else from me.
MichaelM
User

Postby spock9458 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:00 am

I am having this same issue after migrating to Exchange Server 2007. We formerly used POP3 email accounts connecting to an external mail server on the internet, but now using Exchange. I have BackupAssist installed on 2 machines, one is my own, and I have all email notifications being sent to my email address. I am receiving the notifications sent to me from my own machine's installation, but I am not receiving them from the other machine, which has it's own separate email account for sending. Any help would be appreciated.

Rob
spock9458
User

Postby Michael F » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:29 am

Hi Rob,

Thank you for posting on our forum. This is Michael, one of the BackupAssist technical team member based in the U.S.

Unfortunately we no longer support BackupAssist v3 as of the 30th of June 2008, please visit http://www.backupassist.com/support/EndOfLife.html for more information.

I recommend you upgrade to BackupAssist version 5. If the problem associated with your backups appear in Version 5, we will be able to assist you in resolving the issue.
You can download the latest release of BackupAssist Version 5 at the following URL: http://www.backupassist.com/BackupAssist/download.php

After installation, BackupAssist will run in a 30 day trial mode (full functionality) that will allow you time to purchase the upgrade.

To purchase the upgrade, you will need the following information:

Current Server Name:
Organization Name:
License type: (Commercial or Educational)
Current V3 License Key:
All the Version 3 add-on keys associated with this v3 license (SQL, Exchange Mailbox or Advanced open files).

After you have gathered this information, order the license upgrade at the following URL:http://www.backupassist.com/BackupAssist/purchase.php
Once the order has been placed and paid, you will be e-mailed the version 5 license key(s).
Once you have received your new registration details, follow the instructions below to activate BackupAssist:
1) Start up BackupAssist Version 5
2) On the BackupAssist file menu, choose Help > Licensing
3) Click on the Activate/enter product key button
4) Enter your product key in the relevant field(s)
5) Press the Activate button to begin unlocking your software for normal use
Kind regards,

Michael
Michael F
Cortex I.T.

Return to Technical Support v3