If a user creates a new folder, is it automatically added?

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v3.x.x

Moderators: michael.jones, casey.burns, Mike D

If a user creates a new folder, is it automatically added?

Postby Bobc » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:31 am

I am currently splitting a single directory backup over two tapes due to lack of tape capacity.

It is a working directory of all our active engineering (CADD Files) projects. As such I have about 24GB of data. I am nearly split 50-50 on two tapes, but concerned if one of my engineers adds a new project folder, will BA automagically find the new folder and add it to a backup set?

Thanks
Bob
Bobc
User

Postby Bobc » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:51 pm

Thanks Raj,

I think I may have to be more hands-on. I say this as the topmost directory on our network is 'Projects' with each project under that.

Projects
|
--Andros Isel
|
--Atrium-NPB
|
--Avonlea
|
--Baywinds
|
--Binks GC
|
--Collier
|
etc.

'Projects' itself is not selected as a backup target. I am selecting directories under that one.

So, if I have Andros, Atrium, and Avonlea on one tape, then Baywinds, and Binks on the other tape, and then add a directory called 'Collier' (for example) is added, neither tape will automagically grab that new drectory, no? I assume this is the case and as such I'll have to make sure the engineers notify me when/if they add a project directory.

Thanks for reviewing this.
Bobc
User

Return to Technical Support v3