ISP changed SMTP settings

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v3.x.x

Moderators: michael.jones, casey.burns, Mike D

Postby jimg972 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:11 am

I have had BA running at a customer site for several years. His ISP (AT&T) has recently upgraded their POP and SMTP settings. Their SMTP is now SSL on port 465 with encryption. I can send and receive email just fine with Outlook but I cannot send the email notification from BackupAssist. Please help. I have several customers using AT&T as their ISP.

Could you provide some insight as to how to resolve this issue. I have tried the 4 different methods manually without success.

Thanks,

Jim
jimg972
User

Postby jimg972 » Tue May 01, 2007 10:25 pm

I have tried all of these suggestions without success.

With the previous (non-SSL setting) I was able to drop down into Safe mode and confirm that the normal settings work (essentially bypassing AV and 3rd party firewall).

When I adopt the SSL settings (and confirm that email sends and receives correctly) and drop down into Safe mode, I am unable to complete the AutoDetect test. AutoDetect hangs at test 3.

BA fails to send email with any of the settings with SSL-SMTP settings applied.
jimg972
User

Re: ISP changed SMTP settings

Postby jimg972 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:38 am

Has any progress been made on the Secure SSL that AT&T is now using for Pop and SMTP? I have several customers that are unable to utilize email reports because they are using AT&T DSL with Secure SSL.
jimg972
User

Re: ISP changed SMTP settings

Postby jimg972 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:23 am

I have upgraded to BA4 with SSL support on several systems. It works as advertised!!

Thanks for the good work.

Regards,

Jim
jimg972
User

Return to Technical Support v3