Full backup

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v3.x.x

Moderators: michael.jones, casey.burns, Mike D

Full backup

Postby david1954 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:55 pm

I am owner of a small Window 2003 network and want to ensure I have a complete backup of both my data files and my Windows 2003 installation. I have downloaded an evaluation copy of BA with the intention of seeing does it meet my requirements but if it cannot give me a complete restore from scratch in the event of a total wipe out it will not be enough for me.

Am I missing something? I seem to be able only to select files to backup and not the full computer. I am not very technical but have reasonable knowledge so can follow most instructions.
david1954
User

Postby david1954 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:28 pm

Thanks Andrew.

I understand the ASR element and reckon I can handle that. For the system backup, am I correct in saying that I simply tick the box in the Options tab to back up my system, and then select the data files?

David Sheedy
david1954
User

Postby david1954 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:45 pm

Thanks Andrew, That should be OK. Will get back to you if I have any more queries,

David Sheedy
david1954
User

Return to Technical Support v3