9.2.2 seems very buggy

The place to discuss any technical issues or suggestions in relation to BackupAssist v9.

9.2.2 seems very buggy

by mlchelp » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:59 am

This morning I upgraded all my BA versions to 9.2.2. one of my servers started to error out during the back up saying that it could not mount the data container. I verified that I could mount the data container in Windows. I then rebooted both the server and the Nas drive that the data container sits on. Still didn't work, I renamed the data container and then went in to edit the backup job and did a check disk on the data container selection and it created a new one and completed the backup. I wanted to check the ability of some of my other servers to mount their data containers so I tried some test restores from the Hyperv granular module. Some worked and some didn't but when I tried to close the granular restore console it just hangs and says not responding. I have to close it with task manager and it never unmounts the data container. I have to do it manually. . Are their a lot of issues with this version. Any way to go back to version 9.1? Fixes coming soon?
mlchelp
User

Re: 9.2.2 seems very buggy

by Stuart » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:10 pm

Hi there,

It's Stuart here from the BackupAssist team, thanks for posting on our forum.

Sorry to hear that you've had issues. We haven't had any mounting type problems reported within v9.2.2.

Have you raised a support request with our team over these issues you're experiencing? If not, I'd recommend doing so on all installs you're experiencing issues with following the steps outlined at the bottom of my reply.

In regards to rolling back, all you need to do is uninstall BackupAssist v9.2.2. Once it's uninstalled, then just run the installation file of the older version you want to use to re-install the software.

Steps to submit diagnostic support request:
1. Open BackupAssist.
2. Click on the Help menu across the top of the console.
3. Select Feedback and Support... from the drop down menu.
4. Click on Contact Support.

5. Enter the details asked for:

Valid E-mail Address: (so we know where to send our answer to your question).
Subject: Brief overview of your query.

Message: A detailed overview of exactly what your query is about. The more information you give here will make it easier for our support team to assist you.

Make sure the tick box stating 'Submit system diagnostics to help our support team with your query' is ticked and this will zip all your BackupAssist settings so that we can review these specifically for your environment.

If you have any issues using our automated support tool please follow these steps to manually send in your diagnostics file:

Browse to the following folder on the applicable path to your system:

C:\Program Files (x86)\BackupAssist vX (where X is the version number you're running)

Look for a file named BackupAssistDiagnostics.zip and send this to us directly.

If you find that this file is too large to email directly; please upload directly to our support team via http://www.backupassist.com/BackupAssis ... submit.php.
Please note that there is a 50MB file size limit. If it's larger then please let us know.
Stuart Edwards
BackupAssist Support

*Have you tried restoring from your backups lately?*
Stuart
Cortex I.T.

by Pab » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:55 pm

Did this get resolved? I think i'm having the same problem. Backup works fine for a few days then it fails with the following message: The backup operation stopped before completing.
The backup operation stopped before completing.
Detailed error: The mounted backup volume is inaccessible.

Need to wipe out the backup disk to get it to work again...then it stops after a few days.

Happens on 9.2.2 and 9.2.3
Pab
User

by Stuart » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:17 pm

Hi Pab,

I've taken a look over our case history and I am unable to find any submission from the OP for our team to look into the mounting issues they experienced.

The release notes for v9.2.3 also indicate there were no mounting based fixes included in the release: https://www.backupassist.com/BackupAssist/history.html.

For us to be able to fix problems in the software, we do need to be able to investigate them properly. I keep a fairly close eye on what sorts of issues are coming in and currently we haven't had any mounting issues which haven't been explainable within the users environment specifically.

If you can submit some diagnostics then either our support team (or your local distributor if applicable) will be able to look into this for you further.
Stuart Edwards
BackupAssist Support

*Have you tried restoring from your backups lately?*
Stuart
Cortex I.T.

Return to Technical Support v9