RecoverAssist: unsupported inteface Error

The place to discuss any technical issues or suggestions in relation to BackupAssist v9.

RecoverAssist: unsupported inteface Error

by penta » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:22 pm

I'm trying to recover an image created with BA Desktop.

The image is stored on a second HDD and has been created using the System Protection Backup.
When I select the restore from local disc option, RA correctly identifies the disc containing the image, but when I press the next button an error appears.

The error is "unsupported inteface (0x80004002)"

Could you help me, please?
Nicola Marangon
Penta s.r.l.
penta
User

Re: RecoverAssist: unsupported inteface Error

by Stuart » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:18 pm

Hi there,

It's Stuart here from the BackupAssist team, thanks for posting on our forum.

Can you please provide some details as to what environment you're running (operating system, etc).

Also, what screen of the recovery process is the error appearing on? Under the tab named 'Using a bootable recovery media' on the following documentation - which numbered point does the error occur on?
If it occurs when you get down to point 5, then this is actually the Windows Recovery Environment that's generating the error and not RecoverAssist specifically.

If it is the Windows Recovery Environment generating the error, then it's most likely caused by a corrupt .dll file on the system or the boot media.
Have you tried running the recovery directly through the Windows installation disc for the OS you're running? If so, does the same error occur?
What option did you use to create your RecoverAssist media?

It may be easier to raise a support request with our support team to look into this further for you as there are a number of questions which need to be answered. To raise a support request, please follow the steps outlined below:
1. Open BackupAssist.
2. Click on the Help menu across the top of the console.
3. Select Feedback and Support... from the drop down menu.
4. Click on Contact Support.

5. Enter the details asked for:

Valid E-mail Address: (so we know where to send our answer to your question).
Subject: Brief overview of your query.

Message: A detailed overview of exactly what your query is about. The more information you give here will make it easier for our support team to assist you.

Make sure the tick box stating 'Submit system diagnostics to help our support team with your query' is ticked and this will zip all your BackupAssist settings so that we can review these specifically for your environment.
Stuart Edwards
BackupAssist Support

*Have you tried restoring from your backups lately?*
Stuart
Cortex I.T.

Return to Technical Support v9