Make job and define size of files

The place to discuss any technical issues or suggestions in relation to BackupAssist v9.

Make job and define size of files

by truc2121 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:14 pm

Hello,

I must put a copy each week of our saves on cloud.
The service we use don't accept file with size bigger than 5 Go.

How can i make a job with zip files an determine the size of the backup (As Symantec Backup Recovery) ?

Best regards
truc2121
User

Re: Make job and define size of files

by michael.jones » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:06 pm

Hello,

This is Michael Jones from support.

I'm sorry, but there is no facility in BackupAssist to determine the size of the backup ahead of time.

The size of the zip file produced by BackupAssist, would depend on the size of the data selected for backup, and the compression achieved during backup.

The level of compression is determined largely by the composition of the data itself.
Should you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me - I'd be glad to assist you.

Thank You,
Michael R. Jones
BackupAssist Help Desk
US Support New Albany, IN
Support@backupassist.com
michael.jones
Cortex I.T.

by truc2121 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:40 pm

Is it possible to cut the zip backup automatiquely as it's possible to do witk PKZip or Winrar instead of making a big one ?

Like that, it becomes possible to put these file on a cloud backup ...

Best regards
truc2121
User

by Stuart » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:28 am

Hi there,

It's Stuart here.

As Michael has mentioned in his post above, it's not possible to limit the size of the zip file being generated within BackupAssist and to have the data roll over into a secondary zip file, etc.

The only way to currently do this is create multiple backup jobs and select the amount of data you want contained in that specific zip file.

Alternatively if you're wanting to push your backup to the cloud, you're able to do so within BackupAssist using the Offsite Backup add-on.
More information about this is located at https://www.backupassist.com/education/v9/backupassist/rsync-protection-guide.html.
Stuart Edwards
BackupAssist Support

*Have you tried restoring from your backups lately?*
Stuart
Cortex I.T.

Return to Technical Support v9