Restore from Data container

The place to discuss any technical issues or suggestions in relation to BackupAssist v9.

Restore from Data container

by dishapaun » Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:02 pm

I successfully restored virtualization host on different hardware using bootable disk and Data container backup hosted on NAS storage.
After that I wanted to restore virtual machines from same backup using BA and the same Data container file but copied to external USB HDD.
BA recognized backups when I chose Discover backups option, but when I started restore BA requested data to be on the same network path as it was at the time of backup or to enter new network path.
I did not figure how to do restore using BA from Data container when it is moved to external hdd.
dishapaun
User

Re: Restore from Data container

by casey.burns » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:17 am

Hi there,

My name is Casey, and I'm with the BackupAssist team. Thanks for posting on our forum.

From reading through your description, it looks like there could be a problem with the catalogs that have been loaded.

Because of this, you'll need to change how you're looking for your backups by first manually mounting the data container and then pointing the restore console towards the mounted container.

For step-by-step instructions on mounting the container, check out this link: https://www.backupassist.com/blog/suppo ... container/

After you've mounted the container, you'll need to open BackupAssist > Restore > Local and Network files > Discover backups. Uncheck all of the boxes except for 'show manually added backups'. Use the trash can to remove all backups listed. Click the + sign on the right side and select the mounted data container.

This should bring up your backups that exist in that container.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have anything further to add.
Kind regards,

Casey Burns
BackupAssist Support
casey.burns
User

Return to Technical Support v9