Failed to fetch latest version info

The place to discuss any technical issues or suggestions in relation to BackupAssist v9.

Failed to fetch latest version info

by MSD » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:06 pm

Hi all

This is not a major issue, but i have to keep checking the website manually for any updates to the BackupAssist software. It used to be that the program detected when there was an update and let us know in the main console screen, however this stopped working after updating to one of the newer versions of software.

I notice that this same issue was brought up in a forum post from version 5.4.6 some time back here https://www.backupassist.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3469&p=8619&hilit=failed+to+fetch+latest+version+info#p8619 however i was wondering if there is something we have to manually do to get this to work? Is anyone able to advise?

Code: Select all
BackupAssist attempted to contact the website to check for newer versions but failed - bamm-live-BackupAssist

EXCEPTION:
System.Xml.XmlException: Root element is missing.
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowWithoutLineInfo(String res)
   at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
   at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(TextReader txtReader)
   at CortexIT.BA.WebServices.VersionInfo.bg_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

Event Detail View
--------------------
Date: 03/02/2016 09:50
Error ID:
Level: Warning
Category: Upgrade
MSD
User

Re: Failed to fetch latest version info

by Stuart » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:55 am

Hi there,

It's Stuart here from the BackupAssist team.

The exception you've referenced is actually debugging information used by our team in the event to code trace should you raise a support request for an issue with the product.
If you are not experiencing any issues with the software specifically; then these can be safely ignored as indicated on the forum post from version 5 you have referenced:

It should not effect the ability to backup or restore, and can be disregarded.
Stuart Edwards
BackupAssist Support

*Have you tried restoring from your backups lately?*
Stuart
Cortex I.T.

Return to Technical Support v9