Problems with Data-Container

The place to discuss any technical issues or suggestions in relation to BackupAssist v9.

Problems with Data-Container

by Dutch_OnE » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:02 am

Hello,

I use a System Backup for my Hyper-V Guest System. My Destination is a Buffalo NAS. When I start my backup Job, it goes in the queue and nothing happens. On the destination drive, i cannot see any container files. Does Buffalo Linkstation not support?

there is an option save embedding / including. What is the function?

also what i complete disc space for backup history / disc space manually administer?

dutch
Dutch_OnE
User

Re: Problems with Data-Container

by Stuart » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:51 pm

Hi there,

It's Stuart here from the BackupAssist team, thanks for posting on our forum.

Buffalo NAS devices are compatible with BackupAssist - we in fact have one in our office which we use.

If the job is queuing, make sure that there is no process named BAExecutorWinApp not running at the same time you're attempting to run your backup. If there is, this means that there is already a backup running and that's the reason for the job to queue.

I'm unsure about your question about the embedding/including option? Can you clarify this a little more for me so that I may be able to answer this?

The all available space or manual configure disk space option is basically if you want BackupAssist to automatically perform space management or if you'd prefer to set a hard limit yourself (manually).

If you continue to have issues with the queuing of backup jobs, then please raise a support request with our team by following the steps below so we can take a further look into this for you.
1. Open BackupAssist.
2. Click on the Help menu across the top of the console.
3. Select Feedback and Support... from the drop down menu.
4. Click on Contact Support.

5. Enter the details asked for:

Valid E-mail Address: (so we know where to send our answer to your question).
Subject: Brief overview of your query.

Message: A detailed overview of exactly what your query is about. The more information you give here will make it easier for our support team to assist you.

Make sure the tick box stating 'Submit system diagnostics to help our support team with your query' is ticked and this will zip all your BackupAssist settings so that we can review these specifically for your environment.
Stuart Edwards
BackupAssist Support

*Have you tried restoring from your backups lately?*
Stuart
Cortex I.T.

Return to Technical Support v9