backing up hosted/office365 exchange servers

The place to discuss any technical issues or suggestions in relation to BackupAssist v9.

backing up hosted/office365 exchange servers

by shoecake1 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:10 pm

I have an office 365 subscription and want to backup the exchange server. Is it possible to backup a hosted/office 365 exchange server? If no is there any plans to support this?
shoecake1
User

Re: backing up hosted/office365 exchange servers

by Stuart » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:33 pm

Hi there,

It's Stuart here, thanks for posting on our forum.

BackupAssist needs to be installed on the physical machine which is hosting the Exchange server (be it on the physical layer itself or within a guest machine where BackupAssist is installed on the Hyper-V Host).
So to answer your question; currently BackupAssist isn't able to back up Office 365 mail data.

I do believe that this is on the product roadmap - however there is no confirmation of time frame as to when this would be implemented within the software.
Stuart Edwards
BackupAssist Support

*Have you tried restoring from your backups lately?*
Stuart
Cortex I.T.

by shoecake1 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:33 pm

ok, thanks. Hopefully if enough people ask, it will be given some priority.
shoecake1
User

by Chad » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:44 pm

Good day. I have the same request about being able to backup Office 365 Online Exchange mailboxes. Sorry for bringing up an old thread that has not been active for more than a year but is this capability on your roadmap still? Could we have an update on this possible feature, please?

I sent an email a few months back requesting this feature as well but have not heard anything back other than it is not capable within the current release. Up to the switch to 365, your software backed up all of our mailboxes and was generally a reliable product. I would like to start using it again!

Thanks.
Chad
Chad
User

by Stuart » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:25 pm

Hi Chad,

Thanks for an update on your changed requirements.

Unfortunately Office 365 backup is not currently on the road map as we approach a release for the upcoming version 10.
The reason for this is that we've continued to have very little response from our market feedback regarding Office 365.
Stuart Edwards
BackupAssist Support

*Have you tried restoring from your backups lately?*
Stuart
Cortex I.T.

Return to Technical Support v9