Monthly mirrored backup

The place to discuss any technical issues or suggestions in relation to BackupAssist v9.

Monthly mirrored backup

by StephRu » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:36 am

Hi,

I can't seem to figure out how to configure a monthly mirrored backup. Is this possible ? With the mirror scheme, we have no choice but to select a day of the week. And with all the other schemes, it will create archives but i would need only mirrored backup.

Thank you for your support.
StephRu
User

Re: Monthly mirrored backup

by michael.jones » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:39 am

Hello,

Are you wanting only one backup a month?

If so I'd suggest setting up a File Protection backup with the manual schedule.

You'd then suspend it and then reference it in a Scheduled Windows task.

1. Create your backup as per normal, then go to the Overview tab and set the job to 'Suspend'.

2. Edit the job, and click the link at the top of the screen that says 'Add Desktop Shortcut'.

3. Right click on the newly created shortcut and add the switch -u to the end of the Target command.

The target should be something "C:\Program Files\BackupAssist vX\BackupAssistManualLauncher.exe" x (where x is a number relative to the backup job that is automatically assigned by BackupAssist) and after you add the switch, it should be "C:\ProgramFiles\BackupAssist v5\BackupAssistManualLauncher.exe" x -u

4. Click Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Scheduled Tasks and manually add a task to run the desktop shortcut at your required interval.

We are currently working on providing the ability to run quarterly, monthly, yearly, etc.. backups via BackupAssist, but at present the above procedure
Should you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me - I'd be glad to assist you.

Thank You,
Michael R. Jones
BackupAssist Help Desk
US Support New Albany, IN
Support@backupassist.com
michael.jones
Cortex I.T.

by StephRu » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:04 pm

Hi Michael,

That's pretty cool, thank you !

I even saw a great option with the task scheduler that is cruelly missing in BA : I can stop the job after a certain number of hours or days.

Thank you for your support
Last edited by StephRu on Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StephRu
User

by michael.jones » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:36 pm

Hello,

Happy to help.

That is an option that is in development right now.
Should you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me - I'd be glad to assist you.

Thank You,
Michael R. Jones
BackupAssist Help Desk
US Support New Albany, IN
Support@backupassist.com
michael.jones
Cortex I.T.

Return to Technical Support v9