Configure monthly and yearly backups

The place to discuss any technical issues or suggestions in relation to BackupAssist v9.

Configure monthly and yearly backups

by syngent » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:05 am

I've been using BA for about 6 months now but it doesn't appear to be keeping monthly archives. I believe they are getting overwritten. Also with the end of year I'd like to keep that backup indefinitely. Is there a setting for this? I've had space issues in the past so I've set it to delete older backups but is there a way to exclude the monthly and yearly backups from getting deleted?
syngent
User

Re: Configure monthly and yearly backups

by Mike D » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:57 am

None of our schedules would keep backups forever, we have to be able to manage old backups or the drive will fill up at some point and start to fail. If you send in the diagnostics to us we can have a look at your configuration and recommend ways to keep more backups based on the backup media, and job type you are currently using.

To send the diagnostics make sure first you are on the newest version 9.5.1r1 if you are not there should be a download link at the bottom left corner of the software.
Once you are on the newest version go to help > contact support and fill out the information on the pop up window.
Thank You,
Mike Deaton
BackupAssist U.S. Help Desk Team Leader
US Support Office: Louisville, KY
+812-206-4265
helpdesk@backupassist.com
www.backupassist.com
Mike D
Cortex I.T.

Re: Configure monthly and yearly backups

by syngent » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:07 am

Thanks. I'll send the report over.