BA712 Destination does not support copying of NTFS attribute

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v8.x.x.

BA712 Destination does not support copying of NTFS attribute

by wilder » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:30 am

I get this message when performing a weekly network file backup:

BA712 Destination does not support copying of NTFS attributes or user does not have sufficient privileges

The backup is coming from Windows Server 2000, 2003, and 2008 machines and going to an external hardrive on Windows Server 2012.
The connection is USB and the drive is formatted NTFS on a Windows 2003 server.
I am using a domain admin level account to run the backup.
The same credentials perform a perfect full system backup of the local 2012 server to the same media. The drive remains plugged in and powered up between this backup and the problem backup that happens a day later.
The problem backup otherwise completes with only a files skipped warning for files in use/locked.

There is no problem that I can see that would prevent copying of NTFS attributes, so the suggested solution of 'just turn it off' is not acceptable.
wilder
User

Re: BA712 Destination does not support copying of NTFS attri

by michael.jones » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:21 am

Firstly, I suggest you upgrade to the latest release of BackupAssist V8; Version 8.3.0. This is an important maintenance release with a number of fixes and improvements.
The updated release notes contain a list of the main fixes for 8.3.0 http://www.backupassist.com/BackupAssist/history.html
To upgrade to 8.3.0 visit http://www.backupassist.com/BackupAssis ... =_STANDARD
Just install over the top of your current version and all your backup jobs and settings will be preserved.
Hopefully the update will help resolve the issues you're having. If you are still having problems after the update please let me know, by sending in the newest set of diagnostics.
To send us diagnostic information please follow these steps:
1) From the options at the top of the screen, Go to Help > Feedback and support > Contact Support

2) Fill out the form and ensure that the Submit system diagnostics checkbox at the bottom is checked.
If you have any issues using our automated support tool please follow these steps to manually send in your diagnostics file:

1. Go to C:\ProgramData\BackupAssist v8 (server 2008/Vista/Win7)
2. Email support@backupassist.com a zipped version of the following folder: BackupAssist v8
If you find this file is too large to e-mail, you can trim down the size of the logs by removing anything older than a week within the following folders under the BackupAssist folder
- Summaries
- History
- Reports
- Temp

With the Temp folder, it's the default destination for PST and SQL backups to be stored during the backup process, so if there are any of these types of backups contained you can remove these as well as we don't require them.

As an alternative, you can also use our manual upload site which has a limit of 50MB. The URL for this manual submission page is http://www.backupassist.com/BackupAssis ... submit.php.
Should you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me - I'd be glad to assist you.

Thank You,
Michael R. Jones
BackupAssist Help Desk
US Support New Albany, IN
Support@backupassist.com
michael.jones
Cortex I.T.

Re: BA712 Destination does not support copying of NTFS attri

by wilder » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:20 am

8.3.0 was already installed.
Support request with diagnostics sent.
wilder