Is it possible to stage a backup before using Rsync?

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v8.x.x.

Is it possible to stage a backup before using Rsync?

by BBoatright » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:26 pm

We use BA to create a nightly backup of our virtual SBS2011 to a locally-attached SCSI array when there are no users on the network.

I'd like to find a way to copy that backup to a off-site, Internet-attached server.

Is Rsync a good way to go with this?
BBoatright
User

Re: Is it possible to stage a backup before using Rsync?

by casey.burns » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:54 pm

Hi there,

My name is Casey, and I'm with the BackupAssist team. Thanks for posting on our forum.

Our Rsync engine is our answer to cloud-based backup. As long as your backup destination supports rsync, our engine should be able to backup to it. From the information you've given us, it looks like the Rsync engine would work for you.

My suggestion is to try the rsync engine out before purchasing it. We can give you a free 30-day trial so you can set things up and ensure that it works before purchasing the add-on. If you would like to receive a free trial key just send a request to support@backupassist.com and one of our technicians will be happy to help you with that request.

In case you have any further questions regarding the rsync engine, I've linked our documentation for rsync below:
http://www.backupassist.com/downloads/w ... epaper.pdf

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have anything further to add.
Kind regards,

Casey Burns
BackupAssist Support
casey.burns
User

Return to Technical Support v8