Trial restore

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v8.x.x.

Trial restore

by bert » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:27 am

I have been using Backup Assist, the number one backup software for servers. My question is I would like to do some restores on a standalong computer with the same OS to make sure the backups are running correctly.

This would mean I would have to install BA on a standalone computer, but I do not have two licenses. Is this possible. If I use a trial version, I am not sure if it would then restore Exchange and SQL, etc. Plus, how often could I do this?

Is Backup Assist only available for server OS?

Thank you.

Bert
bert
User

Re: Trial restore

by casey.burns » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:24 pm

Hi there,

My name is Casey, and I'm with the BackupAssist team. Thanks for posting on our forum.

If you would like to install BackupAssist on your standalone computer for restore purposes, you may do so. The trial version of the software comes fully functional and should restore your backups in full.

Remember, the trial period is only good for 30 days and after that time ends you would need to purchase a license key in order to run backups or restores with that installation. For your convenience, I have a trial download link below:

http://www.backupassist.com/BackupAssis ... =_STANDARD

Also, you can install this on Windows servers or workstations. Our installer software will recognize the OS you're using and install the correct parts of the software needed.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have anything further to add.
Kind regards,

Casey Burns
BackupAssist Support
casey.burns
User

by bert » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:17 am

Hi Casey,

Once again, a quick reply and very helpful. Backup Assist has the best product and best support of any software available. If you ever need a testimonial for your website, please let me know.

PS The only thing I have never understood is how to do Rsync. :roll:
bert
User

by casey.burns » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:42 am

Hi there,

My name is Casey, and I'm with the BackupAssist team. Thanks for posting on our forum.

Thank you for the kind words. We are always happy to help our users and are very appreciative when we get positive remarks from our customers! It drives us to want to do more!

If you would like to send any kind of feedback whether it be positive or negative, you can always do so by sending an e-mail to support@backupassist.com.

Also, I'm not quite sure about what you are confused about when it comes to Rsync so I am going to put a link to our rsync documentation below. It will explain what it is, how it works, and how to set it up if you wish to do so.

http://www.backupassist.com/rsync/Setti ... Server.pdf

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have anything further to add.
Kind regards,

Casey Burns
BackupAssist Support
casey.burns
User

Return to Technical Support v8