Fool application on Guest into thinking it was backed up?

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v8.x.x.

Fool application on Guest into thinking it was backed up?

by gardensupport » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:07 am

Using BA, love it, works great. I have a Single 2012 R2 host, running a Single 2012 R2 guest. Guest is running an application using a Pervasive DB application. Every morning, when we start the app, it complains "You didn't do a backup, a pox on you and your technology". I know I am backing it up, I've restored it from BA like it is supposed to. Does anyone have a trick/script/conjure that would let me fake out the appropriate file in the guest so I don't get this message? I KNOW I am getting the backup, but the folks who start the app in the morning (and some of my management) aren't as easily convinced.
Thanks
gardensupport
User

Re: Fool application on Guest into thinking it was backed up

by Stuart » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:53 pm

Hi there,

It's Stuart here from the BackupAssist team, thanks for posting on our forum.

What is the application which you're referring to? It could be that it's got an inbuilt backup system which directly connects with what you're referring to and it's not being run.
You may need to refer to the application vendor as I do know in the past certain applications that have had similar backup reporting have had workarounds - however required their support to be able to implement them correctly.
Stuart Edwards
BackupAssist Support

*Have you tried restoring from your backups lately?*
Stuart
Cortex I.T.

Return to Technical Support v8