Page 1 of 1

V8.1.0 - Restore Failures

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:26 am
by danbot76

Since upgrading to version 8.1.0 we can no longer restore from tape.

We have the Zip-to-Disk function which has worked fine up to this point.

I did notice that in the Program Data folder that there were now two folders - one for BackupAssistV7 and one for BackupAssistV8. There were catalogue folders in both of these folders. Should I move one elsewhere/delete?

Whenever we try to restore now - it fails and says "Some of all files failed to be restored. Please use the Copy from Tape utility to retrieve your zip backups from tape and then restore files and folders manually"



Re: V8.1.0 - Restore Failures

Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:56 am
by casey.burns
Hi there,

My name is Casey, and I'm with the BackupAssist team. Thanks for posting on our forum.

Would it be possible for you to send in a set of diagnostic information from BackupAssist?
To send us diagnostic information please follow these steps:

1) Go to Help (from the top-right corner of the console) -> Contact Support
2) Fill out the form and ensure that the Submit system diagnostics checkbox at the bottom is checked.

If you have any issues using our automated support tool please follow these steps to manually send in your diagnostics file:

1. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data (server 2003/XP) or C:\ProgramData\ (server 2008/Vista/Win7)
2. Find the BackupAssist folder, zip up the version of the following folder: BackupAssist vX (Where X is the version that you are running)
3. Once you've zipped up all the folders needed please go to our manual submission website that will collect the data and send to us: ... submit.php.

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have anything further to add.
Kind regards,

Casey Burns
BackupAssist Support

Re: V8.1.0 - Restore Failures

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:16 am
by singlematt
Hi Dan-

I am having this same issue and I wonder if you ever came up with a resolution.