Only half of mailboxes backed up? Exchange 2010

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v7.x.x.

Moderators: michael.jones, casey.burns, Mike D

Only half of mailboxes backed up? Exchange 2010

Postby PSvensson » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:42 am

Hi BackupAssist.

I have an issue with our Exchange mailbox backup.
We have a job configured to backup all mailboxes(250) but our backup logs only show 135 mailboxes being backed up.
Can someone point me in a direction of where to look to solve this?
We had a recent issue of someone wanting to restore a mail, only too see his mailbox was not backed up. To our surprise after investigating only 135 mailboxes out of 250 are backed up.

Backupassist 7.2.1 (7.2.1007)
I just saw now that the installed version is very out-dated, would updating fix this specific issues? cant seem to find anything about this in the release notes for newer patches.
PSvensson
User

Re: Only half of mailboxes backed up? Exchange 2010

Postby michael.jones » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:35 am

Hello,

Firstly, I suggest you upgrade to the latest release of BackupAssist V7; Version 7.4.7. This is an important maintenance release with a number of fixes and improvements.
The updated release notes contain a list of the main fixes for 7.4.7: http://www.backupassist.com/BackupAssist/history.html
To upgrade to 7.4.7, visit http://downloads.backupassist.com/7.4.7 ... _7.4.7.exe
Just install over the top of your current version and all your backup jobs and settings will be preserved.
Hopefully the update will help resolve the issues you're having. If you are still having problems after the update please let me know, by sending in the newest set of diagnostics.
To send us diagnostic information please follow these steps:
1) From the options at the top of the screen, Go to Help > Feedback and support > Contact Support

2) Fill out the form and ensure that the Submit system diagnostics checkbox at the bottom is checked.
If you have any issues using our automated support tool please follow these steps to manually send in your diagnostics file:

1. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data (server 2003/XP) or C:\ProgramData\ (server 2008/Vista/Win7)
2. Email support@backupassist.com a zipped version of the following folder: BackupAssist vX (Where X is the version that you are running)

If you find this file is too large to e-mail, you can trim down the size of the logs by removing anything older than a week within the following folders under the BackupAssist folder
- Summaries
- History
- Reports
- Temp

With the Temp folder, it's the default destination for PST and SQL backups to be stored during the backup process, so if there are any of these types of backups contained you can remove these as well as we don't require them.
You can also omit the Catalogues folder.

As an alternative, you can also use our manual upload site which has a limit of 50MB. The URL for this manual submission page is http://www.backupassist.com/BackupAssis ... submit.php.
Should you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me - I'd be glad to assist you.

Thank You,
Michael R. Jones
BackupAssist Help Desk
US Support New Albany, IN
Support@backupassist.com
michael.jones
Cortex I.T.

Return to Technical Support v7