Multiple backups

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v7.x.x.

Moderators: michael.jones, casey.burns, Mike D

Multiple backups

Postby joblackk23 » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:23 am

I am backing up about 4T each day. The backup takes about 9h. My question is can i brake the drives in multiple backup routines and start them at the same time? I understand that different servers can be backed at the same time since different backup agents are used. However, this is my fileserver. I did several tests and looks like one backup has to finish before the other starts. Anyway i could get around this so I may cut down on the backup time?

Thanks in advance.
joblackk23
User

Re: Multiple backups

Postby Stuart » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:03 am

Hi there,

It's Stuart here, thanks for posting on our forum.

Within BackupAssist, backup jobs use a queuing system rather than having multiple concurrent jobs running at once.
This is something that is currently on our radar as an improvement, however it'll be placed into a newer version of the software as we've discontinued any development to version 7.
Stuart Edwards
BackupAssist Support

*Have you tried restoring from your backups lately?*
Stuart
Cortex I.T.

Postby joblackk23 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:53 pm

Thank you for replying to my post. Would version 8 do multiple backups on the same server? I have to find a way to decrease the time taking to fully backup my site.

Thank you.
joblackk23
User

Postby Stuart » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:16 pm

Hi again,

No version of BackupAssist supports concurrent backups at this point.

It'll be added to version 9 or later once it is added.

You could submit the diagnostics from your machine and we can see if there are any configuration settings which may help reduce your backup time though.
To send us diagnostic information, please follow these steps:

1. Open BackupAssist.
2. Click on the Help menu across the top of the console.
3. Select Feedback and Support... from the drop down menu.
4. Click on Contact Support.

5. Enter the details asked for:

Valid E-mail Address: (so we know where to send our answer to your question).
Subject: Brief overview of your query.

Message: A detailed overview of exactly what your query is about. The more information you give here will make it easier for our support team to assist you.

Make sure the tick box stating 'Submit system diagnostics to help our support team with your query' is ticked and this will zip all your BackupAssist settings so that we can review these specifically for your environment.

If you have any issues using our automated support tool please follow these steps to manually send in your diagnostics file:

Browse to the following folder on the applicable path to your system:

C:\Program Files (x86)\BackupAssist vX (where X is the version number you're running)

Look for a file named BackupAssistDiagnostics.zip and send this to us directly.

If you find that this file is too large to email directly; please upload directly to our support team via http://www.backupassist.com/BackupAssis ... submit.php.
Please note that there is a 50MB file size limit. If it's larger then please let us know.
Stuart Edwards
BackupAssist Support

*Have you tried restoring from your backups lately?*
Stuart
Cortex I.T.

Return to Technical Support v7