Migratin job settings

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v7.x.x.

Moderators: michael.jones, casey.burns, Mike D

Migratin job settings

Postby lucap » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:15 pm

Hi all,
is it possible to export only the jobs settings in order to import them in BackupAssist v8?
We are currently migrating one installation from a server with BackupAssist v7.4.5 to another server with v.8.4
Thank you

Luca
lucap
User

Re: Migratin job settings

Postby michael.jones » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:27 pm

Hello,

It's Michael Jones from support.

1. From your old server services console, stop the BackupAssist service.

2. Copy the following directory: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BackupAssist v(x) where x is either 4, 5 ,6 or 7, depending on the version of BackupAssist installed, or C:\ProgramData\ (server 2008/Vista/Win7)
De-activate BackupAssist.
3. Install the current release of BackupAssist on the new server. Start up BackupAssist.
4. On the BackupAssist file menu, choose Help > Licensing
5. Click the De-activate Products button to successfully de-activate the license keys.
6. On the new server, also stop the BackupAssist service.

7. Copy files copied in step 2 to the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BackupAssist v(x), or C:\ProgramData\ (server 2008/Vista/Win7)
on the new server.

8. Restart the BackupAssist service on the new server.

9. Review your job settings, especially the Files and folder job settings to verify all the folders and file selections are still valid. Use the Check selections link to check for invalid selections and remove any invalid entries.
Should you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me - I'd be glad to assist you.

Thank You,
Michael R. Jones
BackupAssist Help Desk
US Support New Albany, IN
Support@backupassist.com
michael.jones
Cortex I.T.

Return to Technical Support v7