Does backup assist interfere with windows backup?

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v7.x.x.

Moderators: michael.jones, casey.burns, Mike D

Does backup assist interfere with windows backup?

Postby davids355 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:37 pm

Is it possible that backup assist would interfere with windows backup?

I have an rsync job scheduled in backup assist to run each night at 10pm - it backs up data and exchange database.

I also had a windows backup job scheduled for 7pm each evening, but after a few days of running successfully, the windows backup schedule is disappearing - I look back in windows backup and it says no schedule set.

Is it possible that backup assist could be interfering with this schedule somehow?
davids355
User

Re: Does backup assist interfere with windows backup?

Postby davids355 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:03 pm

I have just realised that backup assist has an entry in task scheduler for the exchange backup that it performs using rsync at 12am each night.

When I set the windows backup (7.30pm) it overwrites that entry in the task scheduler.

So I guess that backup assist is again overwriting the windows backup entry and thus unsetting the windows backup each evening.

I notice however on another clients server, the two are coexisting without issue and on that system, I only see the entry for windows backup in tasks scheduler and there is no entry present for backup assist.

The version I am having issue with is 7.4.1 and the version that runs alongside windows backup without issue is 7.3.1.

Is there a difference in those two versions that could be causing this?
davids355
User

Return to Technical Support v7