BMR VMware server recovery

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v7.x.x.

Moderators: michael.jones, casey.burns, Mike D

BMR VMware server recovery

Postby joblackk23 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:30 am

I am hoping to find the answer here. How to properly test an exchange BMR recovery? I've created the restore target, created the image for that appropriate server ISO and mount it as a bootable drive. I was told that the recovery process will attempt to start exchange at which point i have to do some creative ways to isolate my production exchange which for obvious reasons it cannot be shutdown.

I assume i am not the only one having to test exchange backups throughout the year in making sure the recovery process works and so I am curious the correct process.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
joblackk23
User

Re: BMR VMware server recovery

Postby michael.jones » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:17 am

Hello,

It's Michael from support.

I suggest you start with our white paper on the Backup and Restore of an Exchange server:

http://www.backupassist.com/downloads/w ... ore_WP.pdf
Should you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me - I'd be glad to assist you.

Thank You,
Michael R. Jones
BackupAssist Help Desk
US Support New Albany, IN
Support@backupassist.com
michael.jones
Cortex I.T.

Postby joblackk23 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:41 am

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply. However, your link provided is outdated. The link provides no information related to exchange 2013. True, one could possible reference and replicate a exchange 2010 backup to 2013 exchange backup. However, being a production environment, I am not looking for guesses. I am hoping to find someone that can provide some feedback on vmware, exchange 2013, and backup assist BMR.

Thanks
joblackk23
User

Postby joblackk23 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:38 am

No one is using BackupAssist to backup exchange 2013 on VMware? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
joblackk23
User

Return to Technical Support v7