No backups found after importing server settings

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v7.x.x.

Moderators: michael.jones, casey.burns, Mike D

No backups found after importing server settings

Postby shabbaranks » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:08 pm

Hi,

So my quest for a complete bare metal restore continues - this time its exchange. Im trying to do a complete restore from a backup using the feature £"Exchange Server Restore" the backup I am trying to restore happened after my bare metal backup so what I thought I could do was export the settings from the working server and import the settings to my "lab test" bare metal restore server which is on its own network and doesn't connect to the internet.

After importing the server settings I get no backups found - the media isn't plugged into the same USB external dock as to what backed up the exchange server (is this a problem like it is with bare metal recovery?) but the backups are valid.

Am I doing something incorrect and is there a way to import a valid backup to this test server?

Thanks
shabbaranks
User

Re: No backups found after importing server settings

Postby casey.burns » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:19 am

Hi there,

My name is Casey, and I'm with the BackupAssist team. Thanks for posting on our forum.

If you have already installed BackupAssist on the test server where you're completing the restore, then to finish the restore you just need to plug your USB media with the backups and load the catalog on the backup disk. To load the catalog from the disk:

Open BackupAssist > Restore > Tools > Restore Console > Browse for backups > Choose external disk drive.

This should load the catalog from the disk and populate all of the backups you have on that particular drive. For more information on restoring Exchange server backups, check out the link below:

http://www.backupassist.com/downloads/u ... rguide.pdf

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have anything further to add.
Kind regards,

Casey Burns
BackupAssist Support
casey.burns
User

Return to Technical Support v7