Backup Assist 7.4.5 = no windows server backup possible

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v7.x.x.

Moderators: michael.jones, casey.burns, Mike D

Backup Assist 7.4.5 = no windows server backup possible

Postby bfg9000 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:09 pm

Hello,

I accidentially installed the english version of a BA upgrade 'over' the german version (see my last post).
I now realized that windows server backup is not functioning properly anymore (backup to HDD/NAS works fine but then claims that Exchange could not be backed up).
If I try to restore exchange via windows server backup assistant, Exchange can not be chosen (it is simple not there as an application).

If I do the backup via Backup Assist, everything works fine.

My System: SBS2011. I am not trying to use the SBS Backup Console but 'Windows Server Backup'!

I need both ways of backup (Windows and BA), so is this problem maybe fixed in version 7.4.6 or version 8?

Thank you for your help! :D

Best regards,
bfg
bfg9000
User

Re: Backup Assist 7.4.5 = no windows server backup possible

Postby bfg9000 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:01 am

Please advise.
bfg9000
User

Postby michael.jones » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:39 pm

Hello,

Is there some reason that you feel BackupAssist is related to your problem with Windows backup?

Perhaps this problem would be better suited to be addressed by Microsoft?
Should you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact me - I'd be glad to assist you.

Thank You,
Michael R. Jones
BackupAssist Help Desk
US Support New Albany, IN
Support@backupassist.com
michael.jones
Cortex I.T.

Postby kartahon1 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:54 pm

The files listed do not exist. The advice in the knowledge-base article to "check selections" doesn't work, as it's clearly not checking selections.????
han ya na kuch tu kaho
kartahon1
User

Postby bfg9000 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:53 pm

Hi Michael,

sorry for the slightly late reply.
Problem still persists (upgraded to Backup Assist 8.4 last weekend).

I came to my conslusion because I have a number of identical machines out there with identical software setups - and only the one machine with BA installed gives me those headaches.

I also had found some postings regarding this matter (I believe in the microsoft support forums) before my initial post. Two people there confirmed that after uninstalling BA the problem had been gone. Unfortunately I do not find those links right now.

Just to conclude: Backup Assist backups are working fine wheter on RDX, HDD or on NAS.
wbadmin.msc --> backup on HDD or NAS = failing (exchange will not be backed up).

Best Regards,
bfg
bfg9000
User

Postby casey.burns » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:58 pm

Hi there,

My name is Casey, and I'm with the BackupAssist team. Thanks for posting on our forum.

Would it be possible for you to send in a set of diagnostic information from BackupAssist? We'll need this information to properly troubleshoot your issue. To send us diagnostic information please follow these steps:

1) Go to Help (from the top-right corner of the console) -> Contact Support
2) Fill out the form and ensure that the Submit system diagnostics checkbox at the bottom is checked.

If you have any issues using our automated support tool please follow these steps to manually send in your diagnostics file:

1. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data (server 2003/XP) or C:\ProgramData\ (server 2008/Vista/Win7)
2. Find the BackupAssist folder, zip up the version of the following folder: BackupAssist vX (Where X is the version that you are running)
3. Once you've zipped up all the folders needed please go to our manual submission website that will collect the data and send to us: http://www.backupassist.com/BackupAssis ... submit.php.

If you find this file is too large to e-mail send us, you can trim down the size of the logs by removing anything older than a week within the following folders under the BackupAssist folder
- Summaries
- History
- Reports
- Temp

I hope this helps, please let me know if you have anything further to add.
Kind regards,

Casey Burns
BackupAssist Support
casey.burns
User

Return to Technical Support v7