Unable to restore imaging backup

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v7.x.x.

Moderators: michael.jones, casey.burns, Mike D

Unable to restore imaging backup

Postby Benjy88 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:01 am

Hi
On windows server 2011 due to various issues i need to perform a full restore to a couple of days ago.
So i launch the windows system stae/AD recovery, type in cmd and get all the backup versions i need(backup is storaged in a Ba_VHD container on my nas)
when i try to launch the backup "wbadmin start systemstaterecovery -version:[version identifier]",obviously with the correct date and time, it asks me for permissions twice then it says it's invalid path.
But i can see the Z hard drive where the backup is storaged and navigate into it!
Tried older backups of course
I'm not familiar with this software, it was already in the server when i started the work(a month ago) so any help would be appreciated.
Benjy88
User

Re: Unable to restore imaging backup

Postby TimN » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:22 am

Hi Beniamino,

It's Tim from BackupAssist.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with restoring from your backups.

Unfortunately we did not receive the diagnostics that you sent from the BackupAssist console.

I suggest running a bare metal restore from your NAS using RecoverAssist which will then use Windows Bare metal Restore.

For more information on RecoverAssist, please refer to the following user guide: http://www.backupassist.com/downloads/v ... rguide.pdf

Kind regards,

Tim
TimN

Return to Technical Support v7