Backup Assist to iSCSI target

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v6.x.x.

Backup Assist to iSCSI target

by lindsey2010 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:09 pm

I don't think is really a Backup Assist issue but running out of options so thought I would see if anyone else has come across this.

I am using Backup Assist V6 a backing up to an iSCSI target that has been created on a QNAP NAS. The capacity of the iSCSI drive is 1TB. The total size of the BA data is about 360MB but when I look at the properties of the iSCSI drive it says I only have 10GB of free space remaining. I have selected 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' and can't see anything on the iSCSI drive other than the 360MB of BA data. What is happening now is that BA is now dropping old catalogue files (my backups!) and each night I am loosing my oldest backup. I have only realised this today and have found that I have lost 3 months worth of backups. Like I said, I don't think this is a BA problem but interested to know if anyone else has come across this problem with iSCSI drives. I can't find any info that helps me understand why the iSCSI drive is behaving this way.

Cheers,
Lindsey
lindsey2010
User

Return to Technical Support v6