Restore tape backup on Italian Windows 2008 64 bit R2

This forum is no longer monitored by the BackupAssist support team, but is available to the public to use for assistance with technical issues relating to BackupAssist v6.x.x.

Restore tape backup on Italian Windows 2008 64 bit R2

by CarloOP » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:12 am

Hello.
A little big problem

I have a server with Windows Server 2008 R2 - 64bit Italian.
I urgently need to restore some old tape backups done with Windows 2003 NTBackup (and BackupAssist)

I downloaded the NTBackupRestore package and i discovered that I need Removable Storage Manager Service, that is no more present in R2 version. So I downloaded the KB 974674 package to update my 2008 R2 version, but when I try to install the MSU package I receive the following error "The update is not applicable to your computer" (or something similirar translated from Italian).

Reading some posts seems that the KB 974674 (to install RSM on 2008 R2) works ONLY on ENGLISH version and not on localized ones !!!

Is it true ?
I think that is incredible and crazy that i cannot restore a Windows 2003 backup !!! The situation is VERY critical for millions of non-english users !!!

Anyone can help me ?
Do you have some other solution or escamotage ... I'm really in heavy troubles !
Thanks

Carlo
CarloOP
User

Return to Technical Support v6